At the beginning of 2020, before the UK really knew the extent of Covid 19, I decided to embark on a monthly reflective journey.
Sharing with social media my 10 most important and prevailing thoughts of each month. This was one of the goals I set for myself, was to be more reflective and increase the frequency of my reflective habits.
I also wanted to increase my interactions on social media as well as injecting a more of a story telling approach on the profiles in the hope of building social rapport and connection to my products, emotional support services and workshops.
2020 was the year of clear vision, alignment and making ultimate connections or in some cases a well needed disconnection - it did exactly that.
The global Lockdown created the solitude, time and space to rethink and reflect on the different areas in my life that needed change
With the turn of a new decade, I wanted to make sure that my visions were kept clear and my intentions were vivid and somewhat lucid, starting the year and next 10 years as I want to continue them.
2020 really was the year of ultimate reflections and from it I created a list of 120 things 2020 taught me about myself. Over the course of each month, I shared 10 reflections of each month on Instagram and Facebook and by December 2020, I had the completed list.
I decided to use social media as my accountability because once it is out there, it is out there. I felt that it would help and encourage others to be more attentive to their days, weeks and months.
I tracked my thoughts, feelings and interactions with the intention of exploring the gaps in my life and finding solutions to build a better version of myself.
In order to move forward, I know that i must look back and one thing I intend to do is to continue heading in the direction that is paved just for me.
Planning and aligning for the forthcoming journey includes me acknowledging and accepting the steps and process that got me here.
'Reflections of a Growing Black Woman' was born out of my intentions for 2020 but what came out of it was so much more than a set of 10 reflections for each month.
It birthed a healing practice that built my confidence, increased my motivation and honed in on my focus - tunnel vision!
I shared my inner thoughts, emotions, highs and wrongs with the world - I was powerfully vulnerable and I own it all as I continue to fight for my freedom from emotional silencing.
Thank you 2020, you elevated me into the Growing Black Woman I am today!
J A N U A R Y R E F L E C T I O N S
1. Listen to your body
2. Live in abundance everyday⠀
3. Be thankful for what you have
4. Not EVERY offer needs to be taken⠀
5. Put yourself in motion⠀
6. Have faith it will work out
7. Meditation really does help⠀
8. Grant yourself time to be vulnerable⠀
9. Accept help when offered⠀
10. You have the same hours in a day as everyone else⠀
F E B R U A R Y R E F L E C T I O N S⠀
1. You are making things happen⠀
2. Write things down so you don't forget
3. You are doing just fine⠀
4. Dont rush! Patience is a virtue⠀
5. Everyday count towards something⠀
6. Try not to overwhelm yourself⠀
7. It's all about my perception⠀⠀
8. Sometimes you go back to go forward⠀⠀
9. Make the effort to make an effort⠀⠀
10. Smiling can change the whole game⠀⠀
M A R C H R E F L E C T I O N S
1. I am happy to be healthy⠀
2. It is okay to feel all the feelings
3. I am working better with my emotions
4. Take time to wake up and reset⠀
5. I am still healing, the process will be rocky⠀
6. I chose to limit what is in my world ⠀
7. Change is unfamiliar, but a well needed chance
8. Working on something constructive is a must⠀
9. Prepare for what is to come but also just BE⠀
10. Listen to my needs, help others listen to theirs too⠀
A P R I L R E F L E C T I O N S
1. My view of perfect balance is all that matters⠀
2. Trust my own instincts, have blind faith in myself⠀
3. Push forward past my fear barrier⠀
4. Utilise and optimise this solitude time⠀
5. Investment comes in all forms, most important is in the mind⠀
6. I am happy while I am in full creative service⠀
7. Being connected makes me feel alive⠀
8. One thing at a time, one step at a time. Patience darling.⠀
9. It is okay to miss things and people⠀
10. Breathe in as many ways I know how⠀